Skip to content

Feature Requests

Feature, docs and use-case samples requests for ServiceStack. If you can, focus on the end-user benefit / use-case, rather than the technical details so we can focus on the end-goal and free us to work on how best to achieve it. Features can also include supporting content, e.g. a starter project on how to use ServiceStack with another product (e.g. SS + SharePoint).

162 results found

1. Enhance AutoQuery to Handle "OR"s in the Template Property of the QueryField Attribute

In my AutoQuery service, one of my request DTOs uses a custom "NameSearch" property with a QueryField attribute with a Template which has ORs in it - "FirstName LIKE {Value} OR LastName LIKE {Value} OR ..." . I also have a boolean property "IsActive" which matches a field in the database table.

When I use these two properties together in a query to the service - "?NameSearch=abc&IsActive=true" - the results contain some people who are inactive. I should have figured this out without a SQL trace, but when I did one, I noticed that this was caused by not having…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ormlite Extend Transactions with ReadLock abilities

Current transaction isolation levels do not prevent others from reading and modifying the same data.
    They all wait nice in line to be able to update the same rows, but there is no way of preventing them from overwriting the previous data, and no error message that the data you selected has become stale in between.

An easy way to solve it to allow a way to lock the selected rows to assure that the current transaction is finished before the next one can read the value and do its own changes.

This is easely done by just adding a…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Inject ReplyClientFactory from RedisMqServer to MessageHandler<T>

There's a ReplyClientFactory property on RedisMqServer, which is not used at all. I believe that it should be used to override the MessageHandler<T>.ReplyClientFactory property.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a new method to IContainerAdapter interface to support Resolving with name parameters

I am using ServiceStack with Autofac IoC.
    There is code provided for wiring up the AutofacIocAdapter as the default resolver for ServiceStack (instead of Funq).
    There are two method currently exposed on the IContanerAdapter interface which is used to expose wiring.
    It would be useful to expose another method to resolve registered components with named parameters .
    It would be very easy as the underlying IContainer interface already exposes this methed.

So, something like

public class AutofacIocAdapter : IContainerAdapter
    {
    private readonly IContainer _container;

public AutofacIocAdapter(IContainer container)
        {
            _container = container;
        }

public T Resolve<T>()
        {
            return _container.Resolve<T>();
        }

public
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add convenience links on the API metadata page for parameterless GET requests.

I would be nice to just click on a link for the GET requests and actually execute the request and see the output. Right now I have to look at the metadata page for the request, copy the url path, and then paste it into browser address tab.

This probably would not be feasible for POST requests however, unless you want to get fancy with a button or something instead of a link.

I'm also basically assuming that this would only work for requests with no parameters. Otherwise you'd have to make assumptions of some sort.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support Calls to .ToString() in SqlExpression Where Clause

This feature is useful when you need to do STRING related operations on NON STRING types like INT.

One use case is when you need to do pattern matching (used in searches) on an INT column. That would be great to be able to just write:

q.Where(x => x.IntColumn.ToString().Contains("123"));

which should generate the following in SQL Server:

WHERE cast(IntColumn as VARCHAR) LIKE '%123%'

Since this feature is not implemented we have to use something like this:

q.Where("cast(IntColumn as VARCHAR) LIKE '%123%'");

Which is not that good because it is not strongly typed. And also for that SqlExpression to work, OrmLiteUtils.IllegalSqlFragmentTokens…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Per-Service Date Format

Last time I asked it was an all or nothing thing...

Basically the CMS we have started off with WCF as the default Date format for JSON.

They then licensed SS and started building new components using SS, and globally (to maintain consistency) kept that crappy unreadable date format.

So my problem is that I can't globally set ISO as the date format or the entire CMS backend just blows up.

I would like to be able to attach an attribute to a service method to have it format the dates to ISO on a one-off basis as needed.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Akin to Swagger, please provide built in support for RAML

RAML (see raml.org) is pretty sweet as a design tool... like Swagger 2.0, you can design your full API and corresponding documentation in the designer tools.

It would be nice to have ServiceStack support reading RAML generated specs and automagically create the corresponding ServiceStack API with stubbed in methods.

One of the nice things about RAML is the ability to generate a mock JSON responses and/or status codes from a specified endpoint as directed by the RAML designer tools. This allows it easy for other peer developers (and regression tools) to consume your service although it might still be under…

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. ExcludePropertyReferences for Data Contracts

Currently ExcludePropertyReferences is expecting DeclaringTypeName.DataContractName. Its more helpful if the type is fully qualified.

for example ; from below Json if we want to exclude :{"Officeaddress.houseaddress.city"}; .

Json:
    //----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    {"id":"eb26f100-3758-4a19-806b-cd5af44f88a4","data":{"lname":"Talluri","firstname":"RamaNaresh","city":"Atlanta"},"collections":{"houseaddress":[{"id":"126e057d-e91b-42ec-b40d-bdba9c831d64","data":{"city":"CAToronto"}}],"officeaddress":[{"id":"5ff48bd4-bfe2-4721-adf1-3f5cd3b5c736","data":{"city":"USAlpharetta"},"collections":{"houseaddress":[{"id":"aad21efc-2768-4518-a505-71dc8b82ad40","data":{"city":"CA_Downtown"}}]}}]}}
    Model :
    [DataContract]
    public class AddressModel : BaseModel
    {
    [DataMember(Name = "id")]
    public System.Guid Id
    {
    get;
    set;
    }

[DataMember(Name = "data")]
        public virtual BaseAddress Data
        {
            get;
            set;
        }

[DataMember(Name = "collections")]
        public virtual AddressCollection Collections
        {
            get;
            set;
        }
    }

[DataContract]
    public class BaseAddress
    {

[DataMember(Name = "lname")]
        public string LastName
        {
            get;
            set;
        }
        [DataMember(Name = "firstname")]
        public string FirstName
        {
            get;
            set;
    27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Abstraction for Cassandra and other common NoSQL option

NoSQL is an important piece of technology nowadays. I would like to see if I could have an abstraction layer for each NoSQL support so that I can switch easily,.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow customization of ModelDefinition in ORM Lite

I need to be able to customize the ModelDefinition after it is generated by ORM Lite. I propose adding a method to IOrmLiteDialectProvider named CustomizeModelDefinition(ModelDefinition modelDef). In the base dialect providers, there are multiple methods used to create ModelDefinitions. I propose that all of those calls be routed through one method in OrmLiteConfig.GetModelMetadata(this Type modelType). In that method, after the model is created, it would invoke DialectProvider.CustomizeModelDefinition(modelDef). I downloaded and implemented this and tested it. It didn't take long and worked well. I would be happy to share the code.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to maintain references when serializing/deserializing.

My use-case is serializing compound DTO objects before sending them over the wire. There is no escaping the possibility that multiple references may exist. I can try to hack a solution that maintains references before/after serialization, but I really think this should be included in the serialization process as an option if at all possible.

There is already an older post on Stack Overflow about this, and I think (hope? ;) others would want the functionality as well.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11644905/serialize-deserialize-complex-type-to-json-with-object-references-and-dictionari)

I didn't want to bump that, so I'll add my comments here:

Currently, PCLs are significantly growing in popularity, as…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add Navigation Properties To POCOs

Entity Framework currently has navigation properties for foreign keys to other tables. Having this feature in OrmLite would be absolutely amazing.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Security audits

I would love to see a security audit on the source code done at major milestones. You don't need to do them on each minor version, but one per year would be ideal.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pull MiniProfiler out of SS providing OOTB integration

MiniProfiler would be an external package to streamline the upgrade path. We would be able to use up to date versions of MiniProfiler and its "newer" features (in my case I want to use client side profiling in Razor Views).

It would be great to maintain the existing "integration" by having OOTB support for SS services, request and response filters profiling.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Appsettings with wildchar get Api

Possibility to get all the keys via wildchar ...For example retrieve all the items that starts with "widget:" and store them in a dictionary <string, T>

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A registry of 3rd party plugins, features, etc.

Host or maintain a list of 3rd party ServiceStack extensions, similar to ngmodules.org for AngularJS, the listing capability of npmjs.org, or http://plugins.telerik.com/ for Telerik AppBuilder.

The list needs not be actively curated, but a single source where packages are listed and links to download / source code.

As the user base of ServiceStack grows, people are building more extensions that don't necessarily belong in the core modules, and this type of list would provide a great way of bringing attention to them, outside of hard-to-find NuGet packages.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow filtering of services on metadata page by endpoint

If you have many services, which you also want to provide via soap and other endpoint types and thus need multiple for each http verb. It would be great to be able to filter the metadata page based on endpoints (JSON, JSV, SOAP, Protobuf, etc.).
    Similare to the already provided filter function or via chechboxes to turn each endpoint on and off.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Async PostFileWithRequest

Please add overload for PostFileWithRequest which is asynchronous in the same way SendAsync is implemented in ServiceClientBase - meaning an overload which accepts success/error Actions and the other which returns Task, or if both are not possible then just the latter.

This is mainly because in Silverlight sync APIs are not "welcome" which means we have to 'manually' call this API in an async manner.

Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)